Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Services
Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Care for Adults
Acute inpatient hospitalization is the most intensive level of care offered at West Hills Hospital, providing 24-hour skilled nursing observation, daily interventions, oversight by a psychiatrist, and intensive, highly coordinated treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals for patients with severe psychiatric disorders. Inpatient hospitalization is always short-term and designed to quickly stabilize the most serious symptoms to allow a quick transition to less intensive levels of care.
West Hills Hospital offers acute inpatient care for adults and seniors. Dual diagnosis programs are available for patients with a secondary substance abuse diagnosis.
Advantages of acute inpatient treatment:
- Safe, controlled, structured environment
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Physician-led multidisciplinary treatment team
- Full schedule of group psychotherapy and psycho-education
- Both medication and psychotherapy, as appropriate
- Recreational therapy including music, movement and relaxation
- Medically supervised detoxification (for alcohol and drugs)
- Indoor and outdoor supervised recreation including personal time breaks