Psychiatric Hospital Patient Visitation
- Always check in at the reception desk and show your identification when visiting a patient here.
- You must wear an identification badge at all times while in the building, which the receptionist will provide when you check in.
- You must observe visiting hours unless a different time has been approved in advance by your patient’s doctor and by hospital administration. The receptionist can help you contact the appropriate people. You must arrive on time for visiting hours as all visitors will be escorted into the cafeteria at the commencement of visitation time. Visitors of our psychiatric hospital should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time to sign in and/or to drop off patient belongings.
- Visiting hours are listed below for each unit. Visiting will take place in the cafeteria so as not to cause disruption for patients who do not have visitors.
- Please follow the direction of the staff person accompanying patients in the cafeteria during visitation. Failure to do so can result in your being required to leave as well as restricted from visiting in the future.
- All visitors must be at least 13 years of age.
- Only two visitors may visit with the patient on any one day. Ferrying visitors from lobby to cafeteria and back to accommodate more visits during the same period will not be possible.
- Nothing can be given to the patient during visitation. All visitors’ purses and belongings must be checked into a locker in lobby before visiting. Any item prearranged to be brought to the
- patient will first be given to a staff member, and not ever directly to the patient. Contraband items are absolutely not allowed at any time for any reason.
Patients on adult units will only be receiving calls from family and friends during visiting hours. The receptionist will forward your call to the unit only during visiting hours. Patients can also call out at various times during the day when they are not involved in treatment.
Adult Units: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 6:30PM to 7:00PM
Youth Services Unit: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30PM to 7:00PM
We ask that visitors arrive by 6:15 to sign in.